POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED
Position: Back-end Web Developer
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Bristol (King Street, near Queen Sq)
Green Chameleon are a party of passionate creatives based in beautiful Bristol, with a desire to build outstanding work that we love as much as our clients do. Underpinned by strategy, experience and – dare we say it – love, Green Chameleon’s work is characterful, exciting and creates memorable journey for our clients, their audiences and for our agency. As part of the Green Chameleon team, you will have the opportunity to work on tactile interactive projects, one-page websites, e-commerce portals, promotional sites and more.
Standing for honesty, free-thinking and powerful projects, the tight-knit team at Green Chameleon work hard to build better, with an eye for detail, a belief in our abilities and a lust for life, and we’d love you to join us.
The development team currently consists of three other developers – we’re doing great so far, but we need someone to take on CMS, PHP and server duties to free us up for more time spent on the front end of the websites. You’ll report to a senior developer but be involved in key decision-making over strategy and technologies employed in the building of our websites, apps and other projects.
You’re passionate about back-end technologies and are able to suggest the right tool for the job. Green Chameleon mostly use PHP and WordPress, served with the LAMP stack, but we’re happy to use something else if you think it’s a better fit for a given project and are comfortable using it.
If you thrive in a small team environment and want to be part of an award-winning digital agency, then this is the position for you. We strive for the best and the back-end technologies powering our work are just as important to us as the front and design and we’re looking for someone excellent who believes that only the best, most reliable and optimised code is good enough.
You’ll be keen to keep up with the latest trends and news from the developer community, and carry this passion to meet-ups and conferences to share and explore methodologies with like-minded individuals.
- Significant WordPress experience; creating themes, plugins, and custom development
- Extensive knowledge of PHP
- Know the LAMP stack inside out
- Experience with WooCommerce, particularly custom builds
- Security; prevention of and recovery from site hacks and downtime
- Knowledge of latest development trends and technologies
- Fast learner who is keen to develop new skills and learn new techniques
- Excellent troubleshooting, time management and communication skills
- A true self-starter
- Experience with other open source CMS and e-commerce systems, e.g. Drupal, Magento, Shopify
- Experience with other programming languages, eg Ruby, Python
- Working on multiple projects
- Working closely with our creative team
- Planning and writing up technical specifications for website and app projects
- Reporting to Senior Developer and management on strategy and timescales
- Involvement in the design process through technical consultation
- Continued research into the latest web technologies and their innovative application
- Identify and resolve issues and bugs
- Maintaining and setting up servers (hosted off site)
This is a full-time position. Please send a cover letter and CV along with work samples to email@example.com. Please no phone calls or recruiters.